First request availability for Hohenschwangau Castle using our “Enquiry Form” on the right and only book and pay when we confirm your ticket request. Our customers should avoid paying in advance without confirmation as it could result in the customer paying a cancellation fee.
Hohenschwangau Castle skip-the-line ticket helps you enjoy the tour inside easily.
Furthermore, listen to the stories of King Max II of Bavaria, Queen Marie and their sons Ludwig and Otto. The future King Ludwig II of Bavaria lived here for part of the year throughout his childhood and loved exploring the mountains and forests around the castle. Also, take in the breath-taking scenery and surroundings of this spectacular Alpine setting.
Your advantages of booking our skip-the-line Hohenschwangau Ticket:
- First of all, you avoid standing in long lines so you can plan your day better and see more.
- Because we are situated in Fussen Train Station – we are perfect for guests arriving by train. We recommend you get the Bayern Ticket as it’s the cheapest way to travel.
- Finally, we provide you with all the information, maps and refreshments you need for your very special day
What to look forward to:
- In summer you can hire a boat on the Alpsee lake and enjoy the views of both Castles.
- Take a horse and carriage up to Hohenschwangau Castle or walk up stopping to take in the breathtaking views of the Alpsee lake.
- Visit Mary’s Bridge, built for King Ludwig’s Mother, it offers the best views of Neuschwanstein Castle rather than going straight to the castle
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castle, Fussen town and the Tyrolean Alps on the way down to the castle from Mary’s Bridge
- Before entering the castle, take time to enjoy the beautiful gardens of Hohenschwangau Castle and the view of Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Enter Hohenschwangau Castle at your pre-reserved time and experience the surroundings of King Ludwig’s childhood. The castle was bbought and built under the watchful eye of King Maximilian II of Bavaria.
- Finally, choose, between a 15 minute stroll or treat yourself to a horse-drawn carriage back to the village of Hohenschwangau.
- Ticket for the entrance to Hohenschwangau Castle and a guided tour of the castle
- Transport to and from the castle.
Please request availability for this ticket first using our “Enquiry Form” on the right. Only book and pay when we confirm your ticket request. Paying in advance without confirmation could result in cancellation fee.
Allow about 1 ½ hours for this ticket.
This castle is very popular with guests who have already visited Neuschwanstein Castle and would like to spend more time exploring the village of Hohenschwangau and learn more about the history of the King Ludwig II and King Maximilan II.
Hohenschwangau Castle, perhaps less famous than Neuschwanstein Castle, is no less impressive. It was King Ludwig II’s childhood home, having been built by his father King Maximilian II of Bavaria in 1837.
Inside you see how a Royal Bavarian Family lived in the 19th Century, with original murals, furniture and artefacts on display.
Hohenschwangau Castle is less crowded and also easier to get to. The castle is in the village and there are less steps inside the castle, making it easier for visitors with mobility restrictions.